Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Male Koi Fish Op's


The pair that started it all!

  Hello hello! Thanks for coming to check out my sight first and foremost. My first official post! Better late than never I've heard. I don't know why I decided to try painting shoes..I was feeling restless one day artistic wise and wanted to lay some paint on something besides canvas and the occasional unlucky house item. I picked up these Op's at the lovely Wal-Mart and began brainstorming. Of course I bought them in a size of a close friend so that they would get some wear and not become a slave to some shelf where they'd never see the light of day. I recall him talking about japanese styled art and I was like..KOI...these shall be koi shoes..FOR CORY..hah!




I drew a quick sketch and transfered it onto the canvas shoes in white pencil..all my shoes are done free hand..all the better to follow the curves of the shoes my dear!








After this step came the tedious task of painting about 3 to 4 layers of thinly laid white acrylic paint..I wanted my final colors to really pop! After 2 or 3 leisure days of painting (baby on the way!) and 2 or 3 light coats of the final colors, I pronounced them finished. Oh, they are also sprayed with a protective spray..from dirt and rain and other...stuff.




I'm very happy to say he loves them. They have definately found a good home. I had so much fun with this pair that I have been painting shoes for the past few months..here they are making an appearance at Ponca City, Oklahoma's Oktoberfest!


No comments:

Post a Comment